Types of GRAMMAR EXERCISES met in the admission exam:
1. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct form:
1. Last month, a cousin of mine (return) to his flat after a trip to find it (break into).
2. None of her friends understood how she (succeed) in (pass) the test.
3. A week ago, I (write) to the company asking why the product (not arrive) yet. They never
2. Rewrite the sentences in the passive.
1. I need someone to show me what to do next.
2. In primary school, they gave Jim a lot of nicknames.
3. They want someone to provide them food.
3. Fill in the gaps by using the appropriate combinations of words, necessarily including a
1. You ……smoking or you’ll soon have breathing problems.
2. Was that absolutely necessary? You ….. to tell mom after all.
3. How did the cat escape? Someone ……. opened the back door!
These examples are adaptations from past UNIVBUC admission exams exercises.
For answers, explanations and further practice materials please contact me here: